Parents & Spectators have a great influence on children’s enjoyment and success in football. All children play football because they first and foremost love the game – its fun. It is important to remember that however good a child becomes at football within our club we believe that it is important to reinforce the message to parents & spectators that positive encouragement will contribute to:
- Children enjoying football
- A sense of personal achievement
- Improving the child’s skills and techniques
Parents & Spectator’s expectations and attitudes have a significant bearing on a child’s attitude towards:
- Other players
- Managers & Coaches
We strive to ensure that Parents & Spectators within our club are always positive and encouraging towards all of the children not just their own.
We encourage Parents & Spectators to:
- Applaud the opposition as well as your own team.
- Avoid coaching the child during the game
- Not to shout and scream
- Respect the referee’s decisions
- Give encouragement to everyone to participate in football
We strive to ensure that Parents & Spectators within our club agree and adhere to our club’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy.