This Code applies to all club officials (although some items may not apply to all officials).
Obligations towards the Game – The team official should:
- Set a positive example for others, particularly young players and supporters.
- Promote and develop his own team having regard to the interest of the Players, Supporters and reputation of the club to whom the team belongs and to the national game.
- Share knowledge and experience when invited to do so, taking into account the interest of the body that has requested this rather than personal interests.
- Avoid all forms of bad gamesmanship.
- Show due respect to Match Officials and others involved in the game.
- Always have regard for the best interests of the game, including where publicly expressing an opinion of the game and any particular aspect of it, including others involved in the game.
- Not use or tolerate inappropriate language.
Obligations towards the Team – The team official should:
- Make every effort to develop the sporting, technical and tactical levels of the club/team, and to obtain the best results for the team, using all permitted means.
- Give priority to the interests of the team and the club to whom the team belongs over individual interests.
- Resist all illegal or unsporting influences, including banned substances and techniques.
- Promote ethical principles.
- Show due respect for the interests of the players, coaches and officials, their own club/team and others.
Obligations towards the Supporters – The team official should:
- Show due respect for the interests of supporters.
Respect towards the Match Officials – A team official should:
- Accept the decisions of the Match Official without protest.
- Avoid words or actions that may mislead a Match Official.
- Show due respect towards Match Officials.
All staff at New Ferry Rangers FC endeavor to reflect the clubs aims and mission statement when fulfilling their duties as a member of staff. A current set of duties is shown below.
It is the responsibility of each manager to issue registration forms and collect completed forms from players with the required fee. The registration fee for each season shall be set by the league for all players except those registered as mini soccer players. The fee and registration form shall be forwarded to the Club Secretary. Payment of this registration fee shall entitle the member to all benefits under the club insurance scheme.
Managers should be available to ensure adequate coaching is available for the players in addition to the match day. Support for training ideas is given regularly at management meeting. A register of all members attending training and match day activities should be kept.
All accidents and/or near misses must be recorded by the team manager on the appropriate form. This form must be passed without delay to the Club Secretary who shall be responsible for the upkeep of the accident register logbook. A copy of this form can be found at Appendix 10.3 of the Staff Handbook.
It is the responsibility of each manager to collect the weekly subs and forward on a monthly basis to the Treasurer with a copy of the register for that month.
Confirmation of Home Matches
It is the team manager’s responsibility to confirm home matches with the opposition and referee at least 72 hours prior to kick off.
It is the responsibility of the home team to make necessary contact to confirm the fixture. However if contact has not been made, it is recommended that contact is made by the team manager to ensure details prior to travel.
All staff to prepare ground and pitches on a match day. In general terms all staff are to ensure premises are left in a clean and tidy condition, before leaving the premises.
- Welcome opposing team and referee.
- Nominate a responsible adult (over 18) to run the line.
- Uphold the name of the club at all times, including responsibility for the behaviour of the line.
After each game the manager must contact the Club Secretary with results and match details as required by the official score sheet.
Staff must, when possible, attend the monthly managers meeting at a designated local venue, or where and when arranged. If staff are not available a suitable nominee should attend to represent the team.
Staff should encourage participation in all club activities.
This set of rules (constitution) are as agreed and approved by the Management Committee of New Ferry Rangers FC at the Annual General Meeting.